Author Topic: Photo Gallery and Additional boards  (Read 1112 times)

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 8
    • http://forum.handcraftedgreetings.com/index.php
Photo Gallery and Additional boards
« on: July 27, 2013, 09:40:39 PM »
Hi  Judy,  do you  think  we  could  have  photo  pages for  each person to  post there  cards? A  Thank  You   board  would  be   good too...........How many   boards  will  this  site let  you  have?
This  may  work, it may  help  you  yoo with more people  here

Offline Judy

• Forum Administrator
  • Approved Member
  • Seriously Addicted to Paper
  • Kudos: 2
    • Handcrafted Greetings
Re: Re: Welcome to SMF!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 02:14:44 AM »
Yes, each person could have their own album. 

I can set up as many boards as we need.  I'm still learning how to set up permissions. DS said he might help with technical setup and maintenance, which will be really nice.

Unfortunately, I have not found a chat plug in that allows multiple participants. The one I have installed right now works really well, but it is just one on one.

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
Re: Photo Gallery and Additional boards
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 02:46:21 AM »
Thanks  Judy  for   all your   work on this  site,  I am so looking  forward   to  every one   coming over  here.  I am sure this is  going to  work  out  well  for  all of  us..............Thanks  so  much

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »
Our  own  albums  would  be  good  ,
 and  a  Tutorial   Board would  be  good , if  not  for mine  only  but  any one  wanting to  post one or  a link  Video   to your  favorites  with  credit  to  the   person or  site that  made it...........
And    each  persons   Mail  Box  to  leave  them  a  message  or  for them   to post  pictures of things   they  make  as  they  get  lost on the   general  boards..

I  tried to post  the   sketches  but  since they  were on   P/B they would  only  let me  post   there  site..so I went to  my  computer  but it  will  only let me post   one  picture  at a  time, not the   pattern  and the  card..........hummm may  need  a  pattern   board.............
Don't  need   an  ATC  Lotto as  it  can  be  posted  if  and  when  we  take to  doing those  again...........

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Not Addicted Yet
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 08:17:23 PM »
Our  own  albums  would  be  good  ,
Check the Gallery tab for photo albums.  Everyone starts out with one.  I have also set up galleries for swaps, occasions and holidays.
and  a  Tutorial   Board would  be  good , if  not  for mine  only  but  any one  wanting to  post one or  a link  Video   to your  favorites  with  credit  to  the   person or  site that  made it...........
Done. :)
And    each  persons   Mail  Box  to  leave  them  a  message  or  for them   to post  pictures of things   they  make  as  they  get  lost on the   general  boards..
We have REAL mail boxes here, so all you need to do to send someone a message is click the "My Messages" tab and select "Send A Message."  From there, you type the person's nickname, the subject and the message and hit Send.  The next time that person logs in, they will see that they have a message (the My Messages will be bold and will have the number of new messages next to it.)
As for posting pictures of things they make, those should go in their gallery.  Each person can set up multiple personal galleries.

I  tried to post  the   sketches  but  since they  were on   P/B they would  only  let me  post   there  site..so I went to  my  computer  but it  will  only let me post   one  picture  at a  time, not the   pattern  and the  card..........
You should be able to post up to 4 attachments per post.  To do so, click (more attachments) just under the attachment box.

hummm may  need  a  pattern   board.............
Is it OK if we combine that with the tutorials board?  I can change the name to Patterns and Tutorials.

Don't  need   an  ATC  Lotto as  it  can  be  posted  if  and  when  we  take to  doing those  again...........
OK.  It's history.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:19:24 PM by Admin »

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 12:19:40 AM »
That  all sounds   good to me.....Thanks

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 01:06:39 AM »
Judy  we  need a  RAK  list

Offline Judy

• Forum Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • Handcrafted Greetings
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 01:39:28 PM »
Ok.  ;D

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 03:07:38 AM »
I think I love  you  Judy......... :D All  looks   great  and  working  well..........

Offline Judy

• Forum Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • Handcrafted Greetings
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 06:15:25 AM »
Aw, thanks!

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 08:20:34 PM »
Just  me  with  another   question...... ::) Most of  my   pictures  on my   flash  drive   are too  large to  post  here, and  since  they   were  already  saved  I  don't  know  how to make them  smaller.......I have  had to  send them  to P/B but they are still  pretty   big, got  any  suggestions how to make them  smaller ? I'm  sure  it  something  I know   just   can't  remember  today .  We  use to  use a   thumbnail that   automatic  made the pictures   smaller.......I  posted   on  the   sketch   board a  new  sketch  and  it  doesn't  show  up on  the  topic list  as  being  a  new message.....Ok  enough    from me :-X

Offline Judy

• Forum Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • Handcrafted Greetings
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 10:36:03 PM »
Just  me  with  another   question...... ::) Most of  my   pictures  on my   flash  drive   are too  large to  post  here, and  since  they   were  already  saved  I  don't  know  how to make them  smaller.......I have  had to  send them  to P/B but they are still  pretty   big, got  any  suggestions how to make them  smaller ?
I'm  sure  it  something  I know   just   can't  remember  today .  We  use to  use a   thumbnail that   automatic  made the pictures   smaller.......

If you upload them to the Gallery, they should automatically resize.  Once you've done that, you can copy the thumbnail bbcode and add it to your post.  I'll do a tutorial on that as soon as I get some time (going to a progressive dinner tonight).  I'll also look to see if there's a mod that will automatically resize post images.  I'm sure there's one out there.

I  posted   on  the   sketch   board a  new  sketch  and  it  doesn't  show  up on  the  topic list  as  being  a  new message.....Ok  enough    from me :-X
If you're looking for by clicking the "Show unread posts since last visit" link at the top of the forum, it won't show up for you because you've already read it.  It showed up for me because I hadn't read it yet.

To see all recent posts whether you've read them or not, scroll to the bottom of the forum and click "View the most recent posts..."  It should show up there.  Note that there's more than one page, so you might have to page back a ways to find the one you're looking for.