Author Topic: Using Embossing Paste or Gesso with Stencils.  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Judy

• Forum Administrator
  • Approved Member
  • Seriously Addicted to Paper
  • Kudos: 2
    • Handcrafted Greetings
Using Embossing Paste or Gesso with Stencils.
« on: October 13, 2015, 04:04:38 AM »
I bought some Gesso a month or so ago and was playing with it and some of my brass stencils.  It's not quite as forgiving as embossing paste because it's not quite as thick, but I found that if I was careful I could get some pretty good results.  After I let the flowers and vase on this card dry, I colored them with red, green and gold Smooch ink.  The card in the little envelope opens up and on the inside it says, "Thinking of you."

I made designs with several other stencils as well but this is the only I've actually done anything with so far.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 04:06:37 AM by Judy »

Offline stampencamper

• Approved Member
  • Not Addicted Yet
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Using Embossing Paste or Gesso with Stencils.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 10:30:20 PM »
stencils have been my interest lately, and embossing paste.  I haven't had time to play yet; but, am looking at a few inspirations.  Nice work with the gesso; I haven't used that product yet.
Carolyn in MN

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 8
    • http://forum.handcraftedgreetings.com/index.php
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 01:07:03 AM »
Judy  that is   very  nice  work ,  I   have not  used  Gesso  yet  either  for   anything,  but  I  have   been  wanting to   do  some  painting  myself on   water   color  papers, just  have to   find  them.  With  all  the  organizing  I've  been  doing  I  have  for  got   where  everything is.....Thanks   for  posting this , it  really   pretty.
Carolyn  I  am s ure  you will  love   embossing.  it  is  my   thing   too.  I  use   mostly  the   plastic   folders   but I  have   a lot of  the    metal  ones  as   well.........

Offline Carrie

• Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 09:55:53 PM »
I too have a lot of stencils and embossing paste, but have not done anything with it. After seeing Judy's card I am inspired to at least try it. 

Offline Judy

• Forum Administrator
  • Approved Member
  • Seriously Addicted to Paper
  • Kudos: 2
    • Handcrafted Greetings
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 05:44:38 AM »
I love stencils.  You can do so much with them.  If I can find some time to play this weekend, I will post some more pictures.

Offline Donna

• Approved Member
  • The Table is for EATING???
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 01:15:07 AM »
I, too, love working with metal stencils but since embossing folders arrived I have kinda put them on the back burner. I have a lot of the past (gold as well)  and should get them out and work on a few as Judy as passed on the inspiring bug.
Have a great day.
Donna aka Shiloh

Offline shawneegal

• Approved Member
  • The Table is for EATING???
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 03:54:46 PM »
Judy, I love your card and it amazes me how people come up with so many different techniques. Creativity is a never-ending thing ! thank goodness.