Author Topic: Organizing  (Read 2208 times)

Offline stampencamper

• Approved Member
  • Not Addicted Yet
  • Kudos: 0
Organizing
« on: October 17, 2015, 07:43:49 PM »
Is anyone trying to better organize their craft space???
I need to make this a priority before I get back into swaps to better find items.  Does anyone have any special organizing tips?  I am trying to put ideas into $1. photo booklets by catagories for inspiration. 
My goal is to just pick up a stamp set and have ideas at hand to just go at it.  time is the worst offender in just trying to come up with ideas for a card; besides wasted embellishment, cardstock and whatever.  As you can see in the photo; I have categories.  the first one is circles with printed off inspiration from online with card idea that use circle or stamp sets that have circles, are in this photo brochure, most obvious categories are: embellishments, punches, die cuts, emboss folders.  As you can see I have a lot of separate categories.  It sure puts my mind at ease; not having to always think about inspiration for ideas.  the picture with the embossing folders is another great way to organize folders with the impression on folder and storage inside for folder and inspiration pictures I also print off; but, mine are in photo organize boxes.  I would love to see what great organization ideas you are using
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:01:05 PM by stampencamper »
Carolyn in MN

Offline stampencamper

• Approved Member
  • Not Addicted Yet
Re: Organizing
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 07:46:43 PM »
I also print off inspiration for stamp sets I have from pinterest; to pique my interests.  Some may be offended if printed off; maybe dealers; but I wouldn't be offended. I only do this for SU sets or sets that have a storage box for set to put printed off inspiration into boxes; and usually from dealer I buy from.
Carolyn in MN

Offline stampencamper

• Approved Member
  • Not Addicted Yet
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 07:56:39 PM »
Carolyn in MN

Offline Judy

• Forum Administrator
  • Approved Member
  • Seriously Addicted to Paper
  • Kudos: 2
    • Handcrafted Greetings
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 08:15:03 PM »
Great ideas Carolyn!  I especially like the embossing folder one.

Offline INKY FINGERS

• Approved Member
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 03:18:23 AM »
These are good ideas Carolyn. I used to get my inspiration from stamp magazines, but now I get them from cyber surfing. I keep my embossing folders in 3 shoes boxes. My stamps are in Avery Elle envelopes which are in 6 DVD storage boxes. My dies are in CD envelopes which are in wood crates, the larger sets are in Lifestyle magnetic books & clear DVD cases. I have a plethora of other stuff in a variety of storage.
"Every day is a memory, make them good ones"

Offline stampencamper

• Approved Member
  • Not Addicted Yet
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 02:19:26 PM »
I did an online google to see what avery ellie pockets are like; and saw this cross comparison:
http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2013/04/clear-and-cling-stamp-storage-update.html

these avery envelopes are clear and have a pocket to enclose everything.  I am envious of her drawer pull out unit.  Won't happen here on retirement.  I am however, getting into more unmounted only stamps; for better convenience of storage and having a sale for wood mounted
Carolyn in MN

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 8
    • http://forum.handcraftedgreetings.com/index.php
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 01:48:20 AM »
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/257760778646088623/

This   is  a  better   idea   then I   had on the   envelopes,  of   course  the  envelopes  I  already  have  or  can make    cheap. I  am using   the  Walmart  square  ice  cream   container  and  it  works  perfect,  for  all the   extra   die  cut outs  that  I  often   have  extras  of. Now  I  am  thinking of making a  clean  cut out in my   envelopes   so I  can  see  what they  are  as  well  as  the  label

Offline INKY FINGERS

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 02:21:10 AM »
Carolyn, instead of selling your wood mounted stamps, just unmount them and store them along with your current un-mounted stamps.
"Every day is a memory, make them good ones"

Offline Barb R

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 03:24:56 AM »
I like the idea of using CD envelopes with the see-through window. I think I am going to keep this in mind. Great storage idea!

Offline Razzyrazzy

• Approved Member
  • What do you mean, "Other Hobbies?"
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 02:33:20 PM »
LOL I have new shelves and a back board for punches ribbon. but you know what  if you don't put them back  they don't work LOL.........Face it Im a messy crafter........going to check somemore great ideas from Carolyn but.........hahahahah HUgs RAzzy