Author Topic: Repurposed for craft room  (Read 1586 times)

Offline stampencamper

• Approved Member
  • Not Addicted Yet
  • Kudos: 0
Repurposed for craft room
« on: November 07, 2015, 02:07:51 PM »
 ;D the other day; I had my spouse bring in a diaper changing table.  He laughed and ask why at our age, mainly retired; we would now need this.  It is a 3 shelving unit, white and totally clean.  so, it's another shelving unit in my craft room.  It was on the curb for free giveway; I was surprised he knew what it was.
Have you repurposed anything for your crafty room?
Carolyn in MN

Offline stampencamper

• Approved Member
  • Not Addicted Yet
Re: Repurposed for craft room
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 02:08:44 PM »
I also use magazine holders for paper scraps, organized by color families; on my cube shelving unit.
Carolyn in MN

Offline Judy

• Forum Administrator
  • Approved Member
  • Seriously Addicted to Paper
  • Kudos: 2
    • Handcrafted Greetings
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 05:20:28 PM »
I use the big plastic laundry buckets to corral my rolls of gift wrap... I have way too much gift wrap!  Besides the obvious, I also use it for iris folding.

Offline Carrie

• Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 05:40:16 PM »
I purchased some fishing tackle boxes at garage sales that I use for my beads and jewelry supplies, all those little compartments are ideal for this purpose.
I've found many uses for old CD cases, we (my card class) made stand-up calendars, I line them with magnetic sheets cut to size to store nestability die.I found a card rack (that turns) at a garage sale and I use this to display my cards that I sell.
Shoe boxes hold all kinds of stuff...one has cards in from members that I cannot depart with, one has cards that I am going to cut verses out of (mostly freebee ones I get from charities) another has return address labels (again from various charities) I put these on back of cards instead of signing them. Bought an old butcher block on wheels, this makes for a great cutting surface and I can wheel it where ever I need it (I have a big craft room) when not in use I store my old Cricut cutting machine and the cartridges are store underneath.

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 8
    • http://forum.handcraftedgreetings.com/index.php
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 02:02:56 AM »
Thanks  Rita,  I  saw   your  wooded  racks  you   store  stamps in  I  think,  well   I have   two  of them  that  have   just  been laying around   waiting   for  a  good  idea,  So  the other  day  I  took  my   clear   stamps in   c/d   containers   and   stored t hem in  the  stand  up  boxes.  Now   have   another    drawer  cleaned out t hat  I  can  put  more  things  away in.
I  went to   Big  Lots   here  and   found  a   carrying  case  full of   plastic   bowls  with   lids in   different   sizes.  Not that  I  needed  the   bowls  but I  wanted  the   case.  It is  perfect   for  all my   embossing   folders. It   snaps   closed and   is  see  though  so   I  know  at a   glance   what  and  were it is
I  bought plastic  shoe  containers  and  am  using  three  of them  to  sort  my   scraps  of   paper  & c/s  in   white in   one/solid   color in   another  / and  mixed  print in  the   third one. Now I  always  look in  them   first to  see if  there  are  any    I  can  use on  a   card   first.
I  keep  all   cereal   boxes,  cracker  boxes,  tissue  etc.  and  have  more then  enough   chip  board  for   any  project   I   need.  I am  really  a   big  recycler and   find  uses   for many  things.

Offline INKY FINGERS

• Approved Member
  • Seriously Addicted to Paper
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 02:14:50 AM »
I have a few of the pretty decorated flip top boxes from Michael's. I use these to store the extra envelopes I bought from Big Lot's a long time ago. I also have two ceramic egg crates (each one has 6 spaces). I use these for holding embellishments that I wanted to use on cards but didn't work out. I put these bits back when I'm done with each creation session.
Cheers~
Rita
"Every day is a memory, make them good ones"

Offline stampencamper

• Approved Member
  • Not Addicted Yet
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 08:00:31 PM »
I just came across a folder of iris folding instructions; don't know if I ever got by one try.  You have to really be good at it to use your gift wrap for it also.  I think it takes a lot of practice and that would be the route to go for trial and error; gift wrap I mean

I use the big plastic laundry buckets to corral my rolls of gift wrap... I have way too much gift wrap!  Besides the obvious, I also use it for iris folding.
Carolyn in MN