Author Topic: Hello my name is Carrie  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Carrie

• Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 1
Hello my name is Carrie
« on: August 05, 2013, 02:44:11 PM »
I manage the swaps here and appreciate any suggestions for swap cards and anything to make it more fun for all who participate. I also try to help Norma with our group needs and to help keep the group fun.

I am retired from a career in micro electronics, but unlike Judy, I am not very computer savvy. I was involved in the manufacturing of the tiny components that are used in computers. I was a manufacturing supervisor for a pace maker company and previously for a company that made defense products.

I live with my husband (also retired) and 4 rescued fur faces that are unemployed free-loaders. I have grown children, grown grandchildren and various aged great grandchildren from 18 yrs to 6 months. I am hoping to see another generation.

I have been making cards for a long time. I love the challenge of different folds and also love coloring stamped images or digi stamps.  Many of the members of our group have been together for years in various groups and we always love meeting new members and making new friends.

I remember when I first started making cards, not much experience except for water coloring. I learned my skills from other more experienced members and hopefully I now can pass on some of what I've learned to others. I teach a card class in my home on Tuesdays and enjoy that very much. Started it just to have playmates to craft with. :)

I also do other crafts, knitting, crocheting, a little bit of cross-stitch and feeble attempts at beading.

Hope our members like this new home and hope we get some new members that would like to join in the fun of making greeting cards and new friends. WELCOME