Author Topic: What Markers...?  (Read 1789 times)

Susan R

What Markers...?
« on: February 25, 2014, 11:08:12 PM »
I was wondering what markers you use, if any, to color on your rubber stamps. I have Tombows but they are permanent dye so dry right away. Any suggestions?

Offline Judy

• Forum Administrator
  • Approved Member
  • Seriously Addicted to Paper
  • Kudos: 2
    • Handcrafted Greetings
Re: What Markers...?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 01:02:37 AM »
I've had pretty good success with inexpensive watercolor markers. The trick is to breathe on them just before you stamp.  The moisture from your breath re-activates the ink.

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 8
    • http://forum.handcraftedgreetings.com/index.php
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 04:10:02 AM »
I've  got  some  Stamp n up pens  , they  are   dye  inks   and   dry   fast........I have   some  Crayola, that  work ok  ......but  I  really   prefer  pencils  to   color  with  and   Mineral  spirits  to   shade the   colors  with .....

Offline Carrie

• Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 05:21:26 PM »
I bought a set of embossing makers (different colors) a long time ago that work well. I can let them dry (takes awhile) or use a clear embossing powder and heat dry them. I prefer this method because it makes the colors brighter, but then you cannot add color to them if you want to shade. I am so into digital stamps these days that my rubber stamps (except for the saying ones) are gathering dust. But my class use the rubber ones more frequently than I do.