Author Topic: need help please  (Read 1881 times)

dorothyann

need help please
« on: April 14, 2014, 01:38:39 PM »
can any one help please with a small problem with an iris fold patten.
i down loaded the Ladies Hat iris folding patten ( small  )which i thought would fit on to a 6x4 card nice, i had a practice run yesterday just using up odd bits of backing paper.
not sure what i did wrong but the hat i end up with raw edges on the right side where the hat  covers the face so doesn't look nice.
plus there are no instruction  to the patten, help please if any one else has made this card and found the same problem how did you sort it out.
nice web site .
dorothyann

Offline Carrie

• Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 1
Re: need help please
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:11:29 AM »
Sorry. I'd have to see the sample card to figure it out. I love iris folding and have lots of patterns, but don't have the ladies hat one that you mentioned.

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 8
    • http://forum.handcraftedgreetings.com/index.php
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 02:23:24 AM »
Like  Carrie it  would  help if you  showed  us a picture  so we   can  see  what   happened.....I  always  do  my  Iris  fold  on  the  over lay   top  layer of  c/s  so  there  really is   no  front  or   back,  the   best  side is  the   front.....In  plain  words  lay  your  pattern   down with the   instructions   facing  you ,  tape   to  hold in place,  then   follow the  pattern  according to the   numbers  for the   colors until  your  finished,  then  remove the   tape  and  flip  the   card  over  and that is  your   front  side  to   fit on  your  card.
Here is  a  site   that  could  help  you .http://circleofcrafters.com/irisfolding/irisfoldingpig.html

Offline Judy

• Forum Administrator
  • Approved Member
  • Seriously Addicted to Paper
  • Kudos: 2
    • Handcrafted Greetings
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 05:07:44 AM »
Hi Dorothyann,

When cutting the aperture from your card blank, make sure you only cut the hat shape.  The face is just a silhouette cut from black paper that is glued below the hat and is not part of the aperture.

Hopefully that makes sense.  If not, please post a picture and I'll try to help.

Judy