Author Topic: Eggplant Boats  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Carrie

• Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 0
Eggplant Boats
« on: September 21, 2014, 09:50:46 PM »
cut large eggplants in half and scoop out the insides leaving  enough around the edges to hold their shape (about .25") Chop what you scooped out.
in large skillet sauté onion and garlic (to taste). When it is tender add the chopped eggplant and some hamburger. (I had two large eggplants (4 halves) so I used almost 1# burger.  I cooked until the burger was done, they I added some roasted red bell pepper (out of a jar) and some chopped up tomatoes (several small ones) and heated it through. As you can tell I don't do a lot of measuring. LOL
I put the eggplant haves on a non-stick cookie sheet, filled them with the mixture, topped them with mozzarella cheese and baked them in 350 degree oven for about 30-45 minutes, until cheese was lightly browned. If you don't want the eggplant halves to turn brown while you prepare the filling, sprinkle with fruit fresh then rinse and pat dry before stuffing...I don't do this since it does not affect the flavor if they turn brown.

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 10
    • http://forum.handcraftedgreetings.com/index.php
Re: Eggplant Boats
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 01:28:10 AM »
Thanks  Carrie,  I will  have to   try this one  as  Randy  loves   egg   plant...Thanks