Author Topic: Napkin Cards  (Read 80 times)

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 8
Napkin Cards
« on: October 20, 2017, 02:21:12 AM »
Thanks   Diane  for this   idea.......

Start  like   all  napkins   by  taking   off   all  the   white back ground  parts  so  you  only  have the  the   top  layer of the  napkin.
Then   I  cut    backing   card  stock that makes   the  napkin  look  well  so  the   napkin  shows  through clearly.The   card I  did  was a  snow  scene  with   blue  so  I  used   a Lt.  blue   card stock .
I  always   use   old  paper to catch any   glue that I  go off    the   area  I  need.
I  laid  the   napkin down on  the   back  paper face   down. Then  I  take   a   glues   stick.  I  used Scotch permanent Glue   stick, I  get a   big   pack at  Sam's,  but  you  can  get it  any   place and  other  may  work too
I  put   the   glue  stick  all over  the   C/S,  then   center  it  on  the   napkin,  pat it  on   gently,  then  I used a  bone folder to  smooth  the   c/s  down  so  no   bubbles.  turn it   back  over  and   smooth   with your   hand   gently.

It  turns out   great,  smooth  and   I  could   trim it  on  the   C/S side   easy peasy.  then I  just   attach    the  napkin to the   front of  the   card.

I made    I  think 48  of  them and I  got them  done  in  a   couple   days and  I used   glitter   glue   to make  them  look  even   better.

I  am  so  hooked on this  method that   I want to make  a  lot more  of these  type of  cards,  now to  find  some  more napkins  to  play with......... ;D