Author Topic: Norma's Dumplings  (Read 275 times)

Offline NormaJ2005

• Norma
  • Global Moderator
  • Could Open A Craft Store
  • Kudos: 9
    • http://forum.handcraftedgreetings.com/index.php
Norma's Dumplings
« on: December 29, 2018, 04:33:07 PM »
Ingredients:

Depending on  how  many  you  need to make' I use   from  4  to 6 cans   of   cheap   biscuits.
1 cup   of   S/R Flour in  a   lg,  bowel and   cut  up  the   biscuits  into   small  pieces, and   cover all  the   dough   with the   flour so  they   don't   stick  back  together.
I use   a   deep   pan because   the  flour   will    puff  up  so  keep   an   eye on  it.

I  use  a  1/2 gal  of   water, or more   if  needed ,  1  stick of salt  free   Butter,  bring to  a   boil and   add I   add heaping Tbl. of   powdered Chicken  broth and   stir in, 1  can  of cream of chicken soup.Stir    to  mix  it   all .  Then   add  the    biscuit  dough in   small  hand fulls a  little  at  a  time,  and  just turn  them  into   the    water,so  they start to cook .  Do  Not  stir  to  often just  enough to  turn them   in the   water, Then   only   check  to  stir  off the  bottom  so they   don't   stick.  Start turning   down  the  temperature    a  little  at a  time to  about    half the  heat. If  you  stir  them  too much  they   will   melt into  juice, so  not too   much ,  but   don't  let  them  boil  over

When  the   dough  looks solid and  has  been  turned   down   to  near  off  ,  then  put   a  lid  and  turn  off.  Or cook on  low   to thicken ,  You  may  have to   add  more  water if it  gets too   thick.  I   put them in   a  Crock   Pot  to  keep   hot   and they  will  thicken so check   the   water from  time to  time.  It makes  a   good   gravy  for  your   dressing too.